INSURANCE LOSS REPAIR PROCESS:
Our business was started to assist people with the repair of damaged buildings due to fire, water, fallen tree, lightning strike, vehicle collision or some other peril. Quality Contracting will do all we can to help you restore your home or business to pre-loss condition. We are able to pinpoint the areas of importance, and we will prepare a line-by-line detailed estimate, with a thorough scope and current material pricing, that will help you settle the loss with your insurance company adjuster. The reconstruction of a building or home damaged by peril is a complicated project and we understand that prompt professional repair back to its original state is the primary objective.
A typical repair claim process:
- Either you or insurance adjuster/agent will contact QCI to discuss the loss and what repairs need to be made.
- At this time, you may also need to contact your mortgage company’s loss department to report the loss and acquire their required paperwork to be completed (usually called a “Claim Package”).
- QCI will make an appointment to inspect the damages and write a detailed estimate. This estimate will be submitted to the insurance company for approval.
- Once approved, we will prepare a full contract, between QCI and you, for the repairs.
- After the contract is signed, we begin the permitting process as required, then start repairs.
- At this time, we may also have you sign an authorization allowing our staff to contact your mortgage company and discuss the loss with them. We have coordinated with mortgage companies on almost all projects and are well-versed in their required documentation, inspections, and timeframes. We can also submit all of the required documents on your behalf and follow up appropriately.
- We will perform all repairs stated in our contract, unless modified by written change order.
- Upon completion we will coordinate with both your insurance adjuster and mortgage company as required to get their inspections and release final payment.